Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Climate maps of India













# ___ - Climatic zones of India, from Wikipedia.


#__ - from 'maps of India'. That company produces a CD of various thematic maps - US$50 to overseas. Hey, I am learning how to use my Mac. Turns out that if I click and drag it'll move to my desktop. Great! I discovered this, like many computer things, accidently.

#___ - from Stanford University. Obviously, political designations have changed.

# __ & bottom (last picture) -

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.learn.londonmet.ac.uk/packages/clear/thermal/climate/diversity/images/koppen_map.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.learn.londonmet.ac.uk/packages/clear/thermal/climate/diversity/climate_pop.html&h=503&w=630&sz=122&hl=en&start=51&tbnid=yO00yJBBCv5lmM:&tbnh=109&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmap%2B%252B%2Basia%2B%252B%2Bclimate%26start%3D42%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D21%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

Wow! Not *that's* a link! This map allows the viewer to look at a map of India, choose the target climate zone and then see it colour coded superimposition. It appears to not be immediately downloadable as a jpeg - so I finally taught myself how to do a selective screen capture. The website source is CLEAR, an organization promoting architecture.

What has this information got to do with an Anglo in Asia in the early modern period? Well, I doubt that much has changed in 400 years and I'd like to know more about trading destinations. There are other reasons, but this is the one relevant to this blog.

No comments: